Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How is everybody?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

How is everybody? Empty
PostSubject: How is everybody?   How is everybody? EmptyTue 27 Jan 2009, 4:23 pm

Hi, it's Barbara

Bethy, how is your father-in-law? Is he in ICU or in a regular room? My strongest prayers go out to you and your whole family. The young ones know something is wrong and sometimes use this time to try your patience. I hope this is not the case at your house. I ask God to come in and calm the house so you can be at your best.

Cathy, I caught in one of your posts, you more or less don't know what to do with yourself. I've had the same feelings several times a day. I look around and there's a lot I could be doing like cleaning closets or the bird cages. It all seems to turn me off cause I know I'll be exhausted when I get done. When I'm like this I find if I'll go and help someone who needs it, I seem to come out of the boredom.

I had to stop cause a neighbors' goats (2) had gotten out on the road. I called their house and nobody answered, so I went down there with some feed in a bucket and they followed me in the gait.I hope they don't get back out. I'll keep an eye out.

I said I was going to write my story out yesterday. I'm afraid I'll have to be a little more on top of things before I do. It takes a lot out of me when I rehash the past. I don't look at it the way it looks back at me now. I've accepted things and okay with some horrible issues I had. Acceptance seems to be a key to recovery...this is one of them. Getting rid of resentments is another. Give more than you take.

If anyone needs to talk about anything, please get it out. If not to me, to someone. You can send private messages by clicking on members and picking who you want to talk to.

It's nappy time for me. I'll just lay down for an hour. I have some beans and ham bone on, so I don't want them to burn.

I love all you guys and our bonds are growing stronger. We are as strong as our weakest link, so some of you who want to share and haven't, please do. It will make all of us feel an upsweep in our hearts to have someone open up. Our new members are the most impotant and need us the most.
Sammy, I know you have some sobriety behind you and have a wonderful life with your family. We always have something to share and get rid of the heavy load we have carried far too long. Samigirl, you posted to me and it got covered up. I like to tell you now I welcome you to post to me any time you want. I'm going through a lot right now. It's going to be three more weeks before I can go back to work. I'll miss the Petco show I do every year and get tons of stuff for my animals.I've got some people who are doing the show going to bring me what they get. I'm going nuts here at the house, but they say you are where you're suppose to be all the time. I have had some quality time with my Mom and watched my two new parakeets get born, get their feathers and now they are coming out of their box. So cute....a pail blue with white wing feathers.

Nappy nappy,
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

How is everybody? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is everybody?   How is everybody? EmptyWed 28 Jan 2009, 11:51 pm

Hello Barbara,
Boy ! Is it ever good to be back, I missed being able to come here and talk to everyone. But to be perfectly honest, even though I missed everyone it felt good to get some rest.

Barbara,
Good news on your foot. I know how badly you have been wanting those stitches out so that you can return to work. Just remember you still need to take it a little bit easy.

Beth,
How are the kiddos? Keeping you busy I'm sure. It will help you to stay busy with the little ones while you go through this with your father in law. Nothing can make it less serious than it is, but having the babies around you can soften the rough edges.

I had a message from Mez the other day. She is trying hard to get her internet on track so she can be posting back with us daily. I'm sure that everyone here misses her just as much as I do.

Cathy,
How's work going? Glad to hear that business is picking up. Have you ever though about going into the grooming business on your own.
I know that it is a big step, but I think you would do great, with your love of animals mixed with your knowledge.
Sometimes we don't see how good we are at things or don't think we can do it on our own. Think about it. It could be just what you need.

Sammy,
How are you and the hubby doing?
When will he be switching over to the Subs? Or do you have a date yet? When ever he is ready, we are here for him.
And how are you on your methadone? Do you have to go every day? Or on you receiving your take homes?
I don't mean to be nosey, just trying to get to know you a little more that I already do.

Okay guys, I'll shut this down for now. I hope that all of you have a good night. Beth, you are in my prayers.
I will talk to all of you tomorrow.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

How is everybody? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is everybody?   How is everybody? EmptyThu 29 Jan 2009, 6:24 am

Hello to everyone on the 'tunnel'. Just a quick post to say hi and let you know I'm doing O.k. I have finally got myself a permanent job and by mid Feb. I'll be earning a decent enough wage to even do something other than pay bills. I actually went to a movie today for the first time in four years - I saw Doubt. It has only just come out in Oz, but I'm sure its probably an old 'flick' to youse in 'Americaland'.

It brought back a lot of memories going to a catholic school that was similar in the movie and having terrible nightmares about those nuns who tormented us on a daily basis. I still remember the great 'groovy' nuns as well.

I'm now on 8mg of sub and feel quite comfy on this dose. And guess what? I even had a tiny spark of 'horniness' since I have dropped down. Mind you I haven't acted on it yet.

I hope you are all doing well. We are in the middle of a nasty heatwave in Melbourne. It has been over 43 degrees celcius every day this week and it is going to be a steaming 45 tomorrow. I don't know what that is in your country.......I'll have to work it out. Our poor animals are languishing in the heat. The dogs as well as the cats lie on the wooden floor with cold wet towels over them. We are all taking turns serving their drinks to them.

Be cool everyone. Ahhhh that would be lurvly.

(Catch up with you Dee, barbara very soon).

Cheers. Mez. sunny Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

How is everybody? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is everybody?   How is everybody? EmptyThu 29 Jan 2009, 10:26 am

Arra, it's sooo good to hear from you. Are you permently on line now? Kudos to you on your medcine reduction. Tell me about your job...in a private message, Please.
We are strickly suppose to stay on the subject of suboxone/methadone and our recovery. This is what is keeping us alive, so it should be our main topic to post each day.

For me, most of the tiredness is going away. I have more energy to go to doctors appointments and daily duties. This is a giant thing for me as I have other health issues effecting how I feel and over coming them slowly.

So glad your feelings are coming back. I'll talk more about this in a private message to you.

Love,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Thu 29 Jan 2009, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

How is everybody? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is everybody?   How is everybody? EmptyThu 29 Jan 2009, 12:04 pm

Sweet Mez!
Hello, It is always so good to hear from you. I had just posted to everyone last night ( early this morning) that I heard from you, and here you are.

Good news on the new job. I want to hear everything about it. How you felt going into the interview, etc. The reason why I mention how you felt about the interview and stuff like that is because it does relate to your recovery. Some people when they go looking for a new job early into their recovery experience old feelings that sometimes bring back old memories and triggers.
Were you nervous? How did you handle the self doubt thoughts if you had any? Do you know what I mean?

I did the conversion on your temp. there. When converted it is 113 there fahrenheit. Extreme heat for me. sunny
Here in Vermont today it is 16 outside. For you that would be -8 for you.
A lot of fun math to do. Good for the mind though.
Let us hear from you as soon as you can.
You are missed. We have a lot of new members now and I'm sure they would love talking to you.
Stay cool my friend.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

How is everybody? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is everybody?   How is everybody? Empty

Back to top Go down

How is everybody?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum