Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Sammy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 12:10 am

Welcome Sammy,
I am so glad that you have been able to join us.
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators here at, "A Light At The End Of The Tunnel."

And to me that is just exactly what this is, a light at the end of a very long tunnel.
If you need anything or have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
That is what we are here for.
Take your time to make yourself comfortable, and when you feel up to it, introduce yourself to the other members. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and where you are in your recovery.
We are here to help.
Barbara Rue is our other moderator, and she will be along as soon as she sees you are here to welcome you as well.
We have many people here that have been through the same things that you have I'm sure.
It's late and time for me to get to bed, but I did want to stop and welcome you first.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Welcome Sammy L_928111
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 1:05 am

Hi Sammy!

It's Barbara. What a time for me to get interested in a movie! I'm so glad you are here.

I royally welcome you to our place as you have always had a place in my heart.

It's late and I have to get up early in the morning, but I'll be here to tell you good morning.

Yours in spirit,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 9:54 am

Good morning Sammy,
It's Barbara....am I glad you made over here with us. You are going to find out it's a lot different than the other place. Here we REALLY care about each other. We have been open for about six months and haven't had a hard word or cussing yet. It's just a great place to be. You met Dee, my co-moderator and we have over 50 members. Quite a number of them choose not to post for their own personal reasons, but the ones whom do are kind and caring. You will make friends easly cause you're so sweet. We have a methadone place for you, but you can post on Inspirational Quotes and in P.M.'s.

Well Sammy, you know my morning routine....the horses, let the chickens out. I've been getting four and five eggs a day!

I'll reply to you when you answer me. I'm soooo thrilled you are here.

Yours in spirit,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 5:04 pm

Hi Sammy,

I've been taking it easy today, and just now got to the computer. I'm in hopes you are doing fine and will post back to me. Actually I'm trying to fix the glitch I have with posting.

I do want to hear from you either here or email.

Love you much,
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Rue on Wed 21 Jan 2009, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 6:04 pm

Welcome Sammy! cheers
I'm so glad that you've found your way to this forum!! I'm still so thankful that I found my way, as well. This is a wonderful place, full of warmth & understanding about addiction, but also recovery! There is so much knowledge floating around this place that it still amazes me! Deborah puts in alot of hard work to assure that all of the facts published are actual & up-to-date. Also, if there's anything that your wondering about that is not on here, all you need to do is ask & someone WILL be right there with you to help find the answers!! Like I said, Welcome Sammy!! Exclamation I look forward to getting to know you better & hear how things are going for you!! I'm sorry, I always seem to do this, where I go on & on, without first introducing myself. Embarassed (my thoughts aren't always so organized!) Start over..
Hi Sammy!! My name is Beth & I have been on the Suboxone since this past May. It has saved my life, as well as helping me change my whole life around! It's really been a "miracle med" to me!! I tried to quit using opiates for too many years, failing over & over, that I no longer even believed change was possible! Not only possible, but now, probable!! I am very blessed. I still have daily gratitude that the Subs exist! Idea
I'd love to hear how the Subs or Meth have helped change your life, as well. Please let me hear from you, even if your not comfortable sharing too much yet, even a "hello" would be great!! We love to hear that your doing okay!! I love you
I have to tend to one of the babies at the moment, but hope to talk to you soon!!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 3:10 pm

Hi Sammy,
Just saying, welcome again!
Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 10:50 am

Hi Sammy,

If you will look at all the posts, you will find you have been posted to more than anyone else. You don't have to post just at the methadone site...you can post in the inspirational section or send private messages. You do that by clicking on members and choosing the person you want to send a private message to by clicking on PM by their name. I'd love to hear from you. We have been friends for over a year now.I want cha here, girly.

Yours in spirit,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 9:14 pm

Hi Sammy,
I didn't know if you saw the post under "Hi, I'm New Here" as I know that you said you had troubles trying to get around the site still. You can check the posts that you've written, & the responses to it, by clicking on "View Your Posts" as that will drop down all of the previous posts that you've ever written. Hope that helps you to find the posts that you were looking for earlier.
Also, I was very glad to see that Dee had responded to point out the dangers of the Ultram, as I'd thought that it was safe since my doctor had offered to prescribe it. Especially because that information was saying that it can potentially lead to seizures, but I'm already epileptic, so that would not be a good idea for me at all. Please make sure to check & double check the drug interactions because it doesn't seem like alot of these doctors even quite know yet. Just at my last appointment, my doctor wrote me a rx for "Seroquel" for help sleeping. Yet, once I checked with my local pharmicist & Deborah (the creator of this site) and learned more about this medication & its side effects, as well as how hard it is to go off of, etc. I decided to not even fill the prescription. I know my personality & could probably get addicted to Tylenol, so I'm not taking anything that says to watch for abuse potential. That's a road I never want to travel again! Please, just pay close attention to the effects of those types of meds before just taking them because the doctor gave them to you. I just don't want to see anything happen to you or your husband, especially if it could be avoided.. It seems like in my past, I'd never even question it if a doctor gave me an rx, I went & filled it. But as I've become more educated about the drug interactions, etc. I just can't believe that I'm not already dead! I loved mixing pills, my "potpourri of pills" feeling the effects of opiates, benzos, stimulants, alcohol(depressants)- anything to help take away the pain!! Mainly self induced, but pain, none the less..
I'm going to close this up for tonight. I just received a call from my hubby, who has been working out of town for a few days, to let me know that he was on his way home & did I need him to pick anything up. He wasn't supposed to come home until tomarrow night at the earliest, but more likely to be Sunday night, so I'm hoping that everything is okay... I want to get a pot of coffee going so that we can sit down & catch up. We like to make a fire in the fireplace & sit in front of it, smoking cigarettes & drinking coffee, catching up with each other & trying to literally catch our wild babies! One of them has more energy than both of us combined! monkey
Wild Monkies!!! monkey
Hope everything is going well with you, as well as for your husband.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!!
Yours,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 11:06 pm

Hi Sammy, I'm here in case you didn't see my post.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 11:09 am

Hi Barbara
Thank you there are so many post, I'm still learning how to get around. I do like this forum alot, Thank you for the welcome. Sincerely Sammy.
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 11:35 am

Hi Everyone
I'm 43 yr's old and Married and have 2 sons. I been on methadone for 3 year's as well as my husband, My husband is coming down off the methadone and plans on going on Suboxone so we both are very eager to learn as much as we can about Suboxone. We have 2 sons our oldest is 23 yr's old and is in the Marine's and he's going on 5 yr's and has been to Iraq 2 time's. Our younger son is 15 and is an Honor student and want's to be a Nurse, We are very proud parent's. I am so glad my husband and I had gotten off of drugs. It's the beginging of the rest of our life's, And I feel very positive and very happy being drug free and learning something new everyday. I am so glad to get to meet you all and looking forward to being part of this friendly group. Thank you for all of your welcome's Sincerely Sammy.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 12:35 pm

Hi Sammy,
Will you be switching over to the Suboxone as well?
I am 50 years old and have 6 children. Yes, six. LOL 5 girls and one boy.
My oldest daughter will be 32 in May. And her sisters follow right after her. When I was married to my first husband we had our girls very close together. Then I have a daughter and a son from my second, we never got married. I always put it off, but we were together for 8 1/2 years before he passed. MY daughter from him will be 18 in November, she lives with her fathers mother. and my son Kris, will be 16 in May and lives with me. Kris is the one that I talk about constantly. I haven't seen my older daughter since 1989.
Except for one of them . She wanted to find her mom, and she did, I brought her up to Vermont to live with me, I was still using really heavy back then and she was too, I found out. She was 17 at the time and didn't want to work, but expected me to buy her pot and allow her to drink. Her theory was that if mom was doing it, then so could she.
One day she tried to push me and Kris down a flight of stairs in a fit of anger.
So I sent her back down to her father in Alabama.
Maybe it was the wrong thing for me to do, but I was still using heavy like I said and I just didn't care. I couldn't see past what I wanted at the time.

YA know I don't know why I just went into that about her. I wanted to tell you a little bit about myself and got started about that.
I do that a lot, start off on one subject and slowly go to another.

Your sons sound like great young men.
Now that you and your husband are in recovery you can enjoy the old gray hair years together.

Sammy I know that you already know about the web sites, that is the best place you can go to when wanting to learn about Suboxone or Methadone.
It will also explain to your husband what to expect when he does switch over to Suboxone.
If you need anything just let me know. I will be happy to do what I can for you.
It is time for me to get off of this thing for awhile. I didn't sleep very well last night. I ran a fever off and on all night, and now I feel like all of the bones and muscles in my body are screaming at me.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 1:31 pm

Hi Sammy,

I'm soooo thrilled you are here. I feel like a kid about it.

It sounds like you raised some pretty good children. The only one we have talked about was A.J. I'm sure you are proud of them all. I'll pray for your Marine. I've dated and married a Marine. They have to have nerves of steal to do what they do. I'm glad Patrick is thinking of going on Suboxone. He has come a long way and tell him with the help of his doctor, he can taper down to 30 mgs. to switch over. This would be good unless he's in A LOT of pain. If it's in his back, this is the hardest place to do corrective surgery and come out pain free. Prayer has power to heal. Ask for the pain to be managable.

Well honey, I've got some washing to do and I need to talk to Dee about what she is going through. You are so welcome here. There's more of our family you haven't met yet. They will be here soon.

Yours in spirit,
Barbara

Back to top Go down
Sammy

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 4:58 pm

Hi Barbara I told you about AJ my oldest who is 23 yr's old in the Marine's and Married. Well I wanted to tell you alittle bit about my Son Christopher Smile
My son Christopher is awesome we have a close bond, He is an Honor Student ever since he started school. I had started Christopher on the computer when he was 4 year's old. I had bought Reader's Rabbit Software, I had start him on preschool and then first grade, second grade, and so on. Reader's Rabbit is very fun and your child is learning as he or she is playing, Today Christopher is in the 10th grade and is in Honor's Classes, He also is in JROTC, Also he was picked out of all the Schools in our City one of 22 kid's to go to Collage this summer for 2 Month's. I would like to get him a Laptop, because in Collage that's what the Kids use, So I'll have to save for that. Christopher has told me he want to become a Nurse I think that is so cool, Christopher also love's to play game's on his Xbox 360. Christopher is a well ajusted boy, and repsects his elder's. We are so blessed to have Christopher he brightens up my day's. He has a girlfriend She asked him to the prom, My son is alittle shy, But that is a good quality to have, Well I'm sure you had a long busy day so get some rest, also make sure you make time just for you, I hope your foot is healing. Hug's Love Sammy.
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 5:02 pm

Basketball I Just want To tell all of you thank You so much for all the sweet Welcome's, That really made me feel good, and happy, Hugs to all Love Sincerely Sammy.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 7:05 pm

Hi Sammy,

I just got in a while ago from spending the day off amd wanting to answer you and will do so under the sections they have for us under personal post, so please go there. You are most welcome here and glad you have stayed with us.

Loves,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 10 Feb 2009, 5:51 am

Hi Sammy,

I'm a bit slow at saying hello to you. I'm Mez and live in Melbourne, Australia. We have been in strife with all the fires, I think everyone knows about them now. We are about 20 mins away from them and are still thanking our lucky stars that we live in a built up area by the sea.

My hubby is on suboxone too. We have never been on methadone but I wish you and your man all the best in your recovery. I love reading about your family and other people's kin on here.

Dee, I had no idea you had six kids? Five girls. I had two brothers and four other sisters. I thought you only had Kris. Not that it makes any difference to the amazing person you are. I just saw the line - five girls - and it brought back all those years with my sisters. All the stuff about how kids can hurt us is just starting to happen to us now. It reminds me of the pain that I put my parents through. I hope you are taking some panadol for your fever Dee. Do you call it panadol over there? Or is it called Tylenol? Have you got the flu? I hope you rest up Girl!

Beth, how are you going? I would love to be sitting with you all, having a cuppa and a ciggie in front of a warm fireplace on a cold night. We used to always pull up our dresses or skirts over our bums and stand in front of the fire. Those were the days.

Beautiful Barb. You got chickens too? We used to breed chooks. I'd much rather have a few to love than farm them. It just didn't suit Neil and I. How is your kin going? I hope your foot is getting better. Can you get back into your ballet points yet? (That's a joke). I did ballet for years and ended up with a bloody deformed foot as a result.

Thanks for sharing.

Love Mez. XXXX
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyTue 10 Feb 2009, 12:15 pm

Hello Sammy, Mez & everybody!
I hope that you all are doing well. I haven't had much of a chance to get onto here lately, as I normally had been. I've really missed being here & seem to really notice myself needing these friendships that I've made here more than ever. Life has been hectic in my corner of the world! But I know that we're all dealing with stress & I'm trying to just plow through it hour by hour. That can make for extremely loong days!
How did the radio program go last night? I didn't get to listen to this one yet due to being at work last night. I plan on pulling it back up so that I can hear it. I'd really enjoyed the last one at the beginning of December & hated to miss out last night!
Mez, I had no idea about all of the fires in your area. Are they seasonal wildfires that were expected or how did they start? You mentioned that you were still looking for your son. Have you found Gus yet? Is he not still living with you? Is Tegan in a safe area as well or has she been affected by these fires too? That'd be terribly scary, especially as a mother. I hope that you are all safe & together! Sending prayers your way!
I'm really needing to close this up already, as I still have so much to get accomplished before leaving for work once again tonight! I hope that everybody is doing well & enjoying the warm weather!!
Love,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy EmptyThu 12 Feb 2009, 5:47 am

Beth,

Thanks for your post. My kids are alright. The fires are still blazing and my husband has to go there tomorrow to survey the area with the firefighters. Can you believe that most of our state is a crime scene? When the temperature hit 47 D. Celcius on Saturday, the media announced that it was the hottest day on record. So of course the firebugs came out of the woodwork so to speak.

So far 6000 people have lost their homes, 200 are dead and many more men, women and children are missing. As for the beautiful wildlife around here - it is all gone. The lady we help around the corner from us has her house full of koalas, parrots, possums, lizards etc. All have been burnt by the fires. We help feed them and take some in. It's just so sad. Hard to think of anything else which makes me feel guilty when I jump on here. Then i heard how Barbara had a fire herself. Thank God she is Ok.

I love reading the posts on here. Its good to get out of my head and my tedious self obsession that flares up from time to time. Are you in a new job or is this one that you have had for a while? How is your beautiful brood? Thanks for being here, Beth. You have been a good help with the crap that has gone on with Angus. We have had his dramas die down a bit. Thank God.

Thanks for sharing. Mez. X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Sammy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Sammy   Welcome Sammy Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Sammy
Page 1 of 1