Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any changes in your insurance?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Any changes in your insurance? Empty
PostSubject: Any changes in your insurance?   Any changes in your insurance? EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 12:25 pm

Now that it's 2 014 I was wondering how everyone was doing with the new insurance changes that went into effect with Obama-care and the Affordable Care Act.

Have any of you gone onto the Health Connect Insurance website for your state? If so, did you have any problems or was it smooth sailing?

For the last couple of years I have used the same Medicare part D company for my prescriptions. I do have a premium that I pay but I pay it because I wanted to make sure my medications were covered. What started out as a premium of 2.30 a month for 2 years jumped up to 10.30 for 2014. I know it's still pretty cheap but it is a huge jump in price.
Most insurance companies require that you obtain a prior authorization in order to fill your prescription of Suboxone/Buprenorphine. Mine didn't. Not until this year. Actually it's not a prior authorization that I need but an exception. Meaning that the medication is not on the formulary at all and like with a pa my provider has to show that I do need the medication.

I had another change this year. Medicare made this change though. They automatically enrolled me in a part D plan of their choosing. Not the one that I have been with for the last 2 years but one they thought would be best for me. This plan was the Aetna CVS plan. If I were to stay on this plan I would have to change pharmacies as I do not use CVS. Just don't care for them. I want to fill my prescriptions where I always have. A place where they know me by sight and welcome me by name.

I am able to switch back to my prior plan (one I pay the premium of course) and keep my pharmacy. Nothing is set in concrete.
So why am I telling you all of this?
Because, I want you to know that you do have choices. And you can make those choices. Don't feel defeated. If you don't like something, then change it.

I can't wait to hear and discuss your experience.
Have a great day everyone and remember to do something nice for someone today. Pass along a smile and make someone's day.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Any changes in your insurance?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Insurance/Medicare/Medicaid-
Jump to: