Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tammy45806

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!   Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 10:52 am

Well first of all I am so happy to be back on sub. Today is my 13th day of no vicodin and I am so happy. I was told to 2 the first week and when I went back last Friday he dropped me down to 1.5. With that being said, my mind is playing bad tricks on me. I honestly feel like my husband is out to get me any way he can. I have been so mean to him the last 4 days. My mind is racing so fast, I cant keep up. I argue with everyone in the house literally 24/7. I wake up in a pool of sweat. During the day, I am cold one minute burning up the next. Have had several slight headaches. Do I tell him 1.5 is not working or does anyone have any idea if its the suboxone or just me? All & all this time is a lot easier than the first time and I know now im not god and will stay on my medicine as long as I need too. I am so proud of myself because I did this on my own. I just want to get back on track. I also have been so constipated..no bm for 16 days. The doctor told me he does not want me to take any otc meds for it. He suggested eating more vegetables, come on I am so full I can eat the 3 im supposed to let alone 4. Thanks to those of you who read this and hope to hear what you think. AGAIN, I AM SO HAPPY TO BE BACK WITH THIS CIRCLE OF FRIENDS AND HOPE TO MEET SOME NEW PEOPLE!!!!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!   Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 9:19 am

Good morning Tammy,
When was the last time you had a complete blood workup? It may be the Suboxone but at the same time it could be there is something else going on with you. I don't know your age so I don't know if you could be going through meno pause or some other hormonal issue but I would not wait to get it checked out.
Yuur doctor probably doesn't want your body to become dependent on OTC medications for constipation but please don't let this go on for too long. There are some stool softeners that you can use and some people who take Suboxone find they do take them routinely to help things along. It is better than ending up in the hospital with a blockage from not being able to go.
Drink lots of water, if you don't like water you can flavor it. Eat salads, roughage can help. One member on here eats oatmeal and it helps keep her regular. For me apple juice helps along with eating salads.

You should be very proud of yourself for getting back up on the horse and starting over. Starting over is never easy. But it is better than the recourse. Relapse happens more often than people realize. It is important to recognize the signs of relapse before it happens.
Keeping a journal will help.

It is good to have you back with us.
Take care,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!   Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! EmptySat 17 Aug 2013, 7:51 am

Hi Tammy,

I'm so proud of you ! You got back into treatment, that's awesome.
Dee had some good suggestions. Please do not let the constipation continue. I take Miralax regularly and it's really great at helping things along.

Stick around, we are very happy to have you back !!!

Stay positive and strong !

Blue
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!   Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! EmptySun 25 Aug 2013, 8:37 am

Hi Tammy! I'm sorry to hear you are feeling, well, out of sorts. I understand your doctor said no OTC for the constipation, but how about vitamins? Also, you'll get better results to "move things along" with fruit. Watermelon, grapes, etc.... Plus if you're not a veggie person, fruits are a lot easier to eat. The recommended daily amount of fruit is 2 and 1/2 servings. So even ramping it up to 3 to 4 servings a day could help a lot. And drink water, water, water. Now if you don't like the idea of the extra fruit, food based psyllium fiber is the second most natural way to go. Psyllium Fiber is what is found in broccoli & other fruits & veggies. It's much better than OTC meds for constipation because there is no medicine in it. They carry it at most pharmacies, but I prefer to get it at a health food store. I gave it to my sister when she was constipated from child birth. Just be sure you are home or someplace you are comfortable, because it really cleans you out without all the cramping & gas the OTC meds can sometimes cause. it also gets you right back on track (if you know what I mean. She only took it the one time, she didn't need any more than that.

As for your jitters & feelings of anxiety (that what it sounds like to me) I honestly believe it is just part of the detox. You were on 2mg the were dropped down to 1.5mg right? When I came home from my 5 day detox in the hospital, I was given 2mg of sub & that wasn't enough for me. Now I get everyone is different, but because it wasn't enough, I had the same symptoms & experience that you are having now. Were you feeling that way at 2mg as well? Or just when you dropped down to 1.5mg? Maybe you can ask the Dr if you could stay at the 2mg for 2 more weeks before dropping back down to 1.5mg. Just tell him how you are feeling & let him know that it is really hard to function. Getting off opiates can cause some serious anxiety (heart palpitations, irritability, hot/cold sweats) it's all part of the withdrawals. My doctor I had in detox had also given me vistaril. He compared it to benedryl, yet it's not anything like it. But I think he meant in an addiction point of view (not habit forming) I think it is a controlled substance though so you may not want to bring it up. You can also mention you are part of an online support group & this is the info you received when sharing your experience with the other members. Either way, hopefully when you communicate how you are feeling, he will be able to make you more comfortable.

Good luck & please keep us posted on how you are doing.

-Rae
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!   Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013, 10:48 am

Tammy you have been given some great suggestions and I hope this helps. The Vistaril that Rae spoke of is good as she said for anxiety. I know quite a few people who take it. It is actually an antihistamine so maybe that is why the doctor compared it to benydryl. Nothing like a benzo which could only lead to problems down the road.

It's been awhile since you last posted so please check in and let us know how things are going ok.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!   Need your opinion and ideas please!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need your opinion and ideas please!!!!
Page 1 of 1