Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello Everyone

Go down 
+2
pitbullmomma34
bbrent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bbrent

Male
Number of posts : 1
Humor : Open your eyes
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyTue 07 May 2013, 9:40 pm

Very Happy Hello every one. My name is Brent and im 30 years old. Ive been taking suboxone for about a year now and its blessed my life in so many ways. Ive been addicted to pills for a long time and because of suboxone Ive gained trust back with my wife and family. Ive become a responsible husband and parent. Ive joined the forum in hopes to relate with people and maybe even make some new friends.
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 12:12 am

Welcome to the nuthouse....Naw just kidding. Welcome to the forums. I have been here a couple of months or so and made some good friends here. The ladies here are really nice and helpful. They as with me are wonderful shoulders to lean on and always have a ear to listen with. Sometimes it might take a bit for someone to respond, I do check the site everyday.
Its wonderful having my life back since Ive been on this medicine. I didn't have any cares or desires back then being all messed up the whole time. Now just like tonight, even though I have watched True Blood before I actually get interested in shows on TV now. I want to do things with my husband, I change my haircolor when the mood strikes me and I love wearing colored clothes instead of gray all the time.
Life gets better with each passing day for the ones of us that have stumbled upon this. This being different for each one whether its medicine, a song, a thought whatever it might be. It was the medicine for me, it gave me a new lease on life. My husband stood and is still standing right along beside me. He is a little stubborn, sometimes he cant figure out why I cant taper off right now. He is learning, it takes time with this. We didn't get addicted overnight, we dang sure aint going to fix this over night.
Welcome here and if you need us, we are here. I find that with recovery if you can find something like a show some sort of release. For me, its True Blood/Big Bang Theory and a cigarette with a Mt Dew chaser. Hehe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 11:09 am

Hello Everyone C5fe7a10

Welcome bbrent!
It is good to have you here with us. My name is Dee/nannamom whichever you prefer and I am the admin of the Light at the end of the tunnel. take some time to read some of the postings of our other members, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to let us know. We are always here to help.
Sometimes it does take a couple of days to get a response from someone but we are working on that. Our asst. admin and moderator is BlueEyes and she will be here as soon as she is able to welcome you as well.
We also have a couple of guys somewhere around here and I hope they will post so that you will have someone other than the ladies to talk to. Not saying there is anything wrong with the ladies but it can be helpful to have a man to talk to as well.

I have been taking Suboxone for about 6 1/2 years now. I am currently tapering but not sure yet how low I will end up or if I will eventually stop taking Suboxone. I haven't put a timeline on my medication and prefer to let my body tell me what to do.
I attend group once a week and one on one therapy every two weeks. It helps to deal with the baggage left behind by my addiction to opiates. So, make yourself at home and again, WELCOME!!
nannamom

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 5:50 pm

Hello Bbrent and welcome to our forum !
I'm Blue and I'm the forum Moderator.

It's great to hear how Suboxone has blessed your life - we would love to hear more of your story if you care to share it.

I've been on Suboxone for 16 months and it's saved my life for sure. I understand having to gain back the trust of those we love. It's a long road, but so worth it.

What dose are you at now? What dose did you start at?

Like Dee said, make yourself at home and read as much as you can. Knowledge is power !

Peace and Love,
Blue
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : with the help of my family and friends i know i can do this.
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyThu 09 May 2013, 10:36 am

hello and welcome. i've been on suboxone for 13 months now. started at 1 strip a day and now i'm at 1/2 strip a day and i'm loving it. i really haven't been on here alot but i do pop in from time to time. blue eyes and nannamom are really great to talk to. everyone is because we all have our stories to tell each other. we are here to help and not judge. that was my biggest worry about starting this but it's changed my life for the better. thank god my husband still stands beside me. i was messed up when he met me at 16. but we grew up together and he helped me become the woman i am today. my addiction is the biggest hurdle we've had for so many reasons. sorry i'm rambling now. like i said we all have our stories to tell. we don't judge and we're here to listen.
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySat 11 May 2013, 7:21 am

Hi Brent! Welcome to the forum! My name is Rae. I am in my 30's as well. I have a 7 year old son. I am so glad you joined us! I'd love to hear more about you & your family. I am a business owner who was addicted to oxycodone for 4 years, yet I've been on & off of them for over 15 years. I became addicted 5 years ago due to an injury at work. I also had a very difficult time handling the stress of owning a retail business & managing all my employees. I am a door mat or at least I was. I was always worrying about hurting peoples feelings, so I allowed them to take advantage of me. Now, I have a clear mind. I have confidence that I thought the pills gave me. But I realized with all that I've been through, that I now have confidence without the pills. I am able to make better choices for me & my family. I started out at 8mg in November of 2012 & now I'm down to 3mg. I plan on weening off, but I haven't set a date or a goal because I choose to let my body tell me when it's time to get off. Are you on maintenance? How much are you taking. You said you've been on them a year now, so i was just curious about your situation.

We'd love to get to know you better. Just so you know, we have live chat on Tuesday nights at 7:30. We'd love for you to join us. I'm not always there due to unreliable employees, but thats about to change since I've decided to close my store Mon - Wed starting not this coming week, but the next.

Please don't be a stranger!
Enjoy your weekend!
-Rae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Suboxone-