Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello everyone.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 12:10 am

Hello to everyone.
I used to be on here a few years ago and after tapering off suboxone with my hubby we actually didn't do too well. So I busted for about a year and thankfully both of us have been back on the program for the past eighteen months. I am down to 4mg of sub a day and have been for about six months now. I am really taking my time with this as I know I have to work on learning to live life without the use of anything.
I'm finding it so easy to isolate at the moment and I know that can't be too healthy for me and my head. Apart from that I am doing well and I get a good dose of gratitude and hope when I stop being lazy and be part of the world. I'm grateful for not having to use today and also for being able to be part of this really caring forum. Cheers from 'doununda' . Mez. X
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 6:41 am

Hi Mez, Welcome (back )

Congratulations on getting back on the program and being 18 months in ! That's awesome !
I am looking forward to having you a part of our forum family !
I'm Blue, I'm the moderator and I know you know Dee already.

It would be nice to have you come to chat tonight ! 7:30 pm EST.

Looking forward to getting to know you !

Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 9:30 am

Good morning Mez,
It is always good to see/hear from you. Isolation, can get us at any time. Sometimes we may not even realize it is what we are doing. I applaud your ability to see it and take action to make sure it doesn't become an all consuming habit.
Are there any resources from "downunda" where you can get into some type of group setting?
I don't know much about your area at all so don't know what kind of resources are available.

I hope everything is going good with the kids. I am very proud of both you and your husband for stepping back into recovery. It sounds like you are at a good place with your dose. Congratulations my friend!
Always here for you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

Hello Mez,

I want to congratulate you on being 18 months out of active addiction!
You sound like you are doing well and I am happy for you.
I am sorry to hear that it didn't work out well for you the last time you tapered off of suboxone, but I'm sure that this time, with the proper tools and support (that you can get from this forum) you will be able to stay sober this time!

My name is Jasmine, but you can call me Jazz if you'd like. I have been on suboxone for about 10 months now and a member of the for about 7 or 8 months now. I know that you have been on the forum before so you already know, but I am still going to tell you how much of a wonderful place it is!
It has truly changed my life. The ladies on this forum Dee, Blue and Rae I have gotten close with over the months and they have helped me so much in so many ways!

If you don't mind answering a few questions for me I am curious to know more about you. I love getting to know new member, or even members who left and came back like yourself. And I try help in any way that I can.

Where are you from? Do you have any children? You mentioned your hubby, I believe you said he was on it to.. Has he been on it as long as you? I'm assuming your married since you called him your husband so I would also like to know how long you have been married. Besides being on suboxone and coming here what other things are you doing to help in your recovery to learn to live without using? Are you going to therapy? Do you go to N/A meetings? How long were you addicted to and using opiates before you quit and got on suboxone?

Sorry for all of the questions LOL. I just like to get to know our members.
If you do not want to answer them then you don't have to I (and I'm sure other members) would like to know these things about you.

Have a blessed day and I hope we hear from you soon!

Much love. I love you Jazz
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 4:02 pm

Hey don't leave me out too....LOL, Congrats on getting back into treatment. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I will forewarn you of other sites that claim to be helpful, not saying they all aren't but to me this is the best bunch of women that you will ever find to speak with. I have been coming here for a little while myself after having a run-in with another site and being barked at for asking questions and venting about prices of medication.
IF you need some info on medication prices, I use Goodrx.com its an awesome site with prices for EVERYTHING.
Also, Im sure that you already know about the RB site with the 50 dollar off coupon. I did get a discount card but it only took off 4 dollars. I can get you a link for that but I think one of the girls has that link too. my tapering experience didn't go so well the first time around, I was kinda forced to taper because I couldn't afford to go that next month. It did however lower my dose when I got back on it a couple weeks later.
I hope that things go better this time around for you, we are all here if you need anything. We don't need anymore overdose relapses, I have read about on Facebook's Suboxone group. I like to always tell people to vent their frustrations regardless if you think it might make someone mad, venting that out might help you leaps and bounds.
Ok, Ill step down off my box now. I can be a chatterbox.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 7:34 pm

I just wanted to write again after reading everyone's comments.
I am SO proud to be a part of this amazing forum. flower
We might not be the busiest or have the most members or the most comments,

But we are the tightest group of members out there !!! cheers

We ROCK !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone.   Hello everyone. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum