Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome, Samigirl56!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Welcome, Samigirl56! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 12:25 am

Welcome, Samigirl56! Comput10

Dear Samigirl56:

I want to welcome you to our "Little Corner of The World." We have some wonderful Moderators, the very best in the world as far as I am concerned. I can honestly say we really do care about each other. I am hoping you feel at Home here with us and we welcome you with open arms.

My name is Deborah and I am not always here but most work on the websites to keep them updated. I do take the time to check in on all my members and they know they have access to me. I will never make the same mistake again as I did before by being absent and not gving them a chance to get to know me.

Barbara and Dee are the new Moderators and they are here most of the time and if you can't reach anyone here then you can send me an e-mail personally. I will always get back to you even though presently I am behind on my work. I will get back to you maybe just late but I will always answer and if you don't hear right away believe me it is not because I don't care. It is because I need more help and I try to take care if the ones needing help the worst and then get back to the others but we are open by phone twenty fours a day. You can call us at anytime you need us and I mean if it is at 3:00 am in the morning, I will talk too you because I know many of you can't sleep and it is in the middle of the night when you start worrying. You never worry about calling me if you need me for I will always get up for any of you.
I don't know if you are on Suboxone or Methadone but we have a place for both to post. You are all welcome here and I will answer any of your questions and assist you in any way I can to locate you any financial assistance. We are here to give each other encouragement and support and to cry when they are hurting and rejoice when they are happy. We have alot to be thankful for and that is we can communicate with others all over the world. We can be there for one another without even getting in our care and leaving Home and we are very blessed. We all need help from our friends and we need to learn to trust people again. This is a place you can come to begin and feel safe because I will not allow anyone to hurt you nor ridicule you.
We would like for you to introduce yourself and tell us what you feel comfortable at this time sharing with us. If you prefer to remain anonymous until you get to know some of us better then we will understand. I am hoping you will read the posts and get to know some of us and if you can open up about yourself then please do because we need all the new people who have reached the point they can tell us about their life and share with us what is happening. The more we talk about what has made us angry and hurt us the quicker we can let it all go.
Yes, you take a chance everytime you open up about yourself but you grow stronger. If you shut down and refuse to get to know anyone or trust them you can not grow nor move on with your life. I feel like you were definitely called to join with us and I believe if you share with others they will share with you. I feel you are far enough along in your recovery you can benefit others by sharing with us what you have learned. What can I say? You are loved and welcome aboard because our ship is sailing.
Love you,
Deborah
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 1:23 am

sunny Thank you for the warm welcome. I been searching for a board like this for a while now. Other addiction boards make me feel bad about myself because I am on suboxone (since 08-14-08.) Some say I am not really in recovery because I am in a suboxone program. But Lords knows I did try to recover without drug therapy. I would just relapse after a couple of weeks to a couple of months. The Sub. program saved my life. I hope I get a chance to talk to others on this board. I hope everybody has a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 12:15 pm

Hi Samgirl56,
This is Dee.
I am so happy that you have made it to us. cheers I do know what you mean by other forums looking down on you because of your use of medication to control your addiction. I have been a member of many forums and I also got the same reaction. I remember one forum, all was well until one day, I posted about how good I felt being on Suboxone, Smile well you would have thought I went out and killed someone. No I was told " Now that you have gotten rid of your other addictions, let us see if we can get you off of your "one" addiction, meaning the "one" in Subox"one". I was so angry. Mad Here I had been there helping and talking to other people encouraging them, and to be told that I had to get rid of my suboxone in order to really be in recovery. Exclamation I have never been back.
I have learned that there are a lot of ignorant people in this world when it comes to addiction. scratch All we can do is to try and educate people so that they realize that there is help. sunny And that we are suffering from a disease and not a mental weakness.

If you need any help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help each other. I love you You are a member of our family now, and I promise that no one will ever look down on you, or ridicule you for who you are. Welcome home.
Yours In Recovery
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 11 Jan 2009, 9:06 pm

Hi Samigirl, It's Barbara and I'm here for you too. We understand if there was any other way to stay clean we would all be doing it. You was sent in our direction for a reason and I hope you stay with us. There are plenty of people who use Suboxone and taper off and go on to a normal life. It depends on how much damage needs to heal and everybody is different.

We will NEVER look down on you or judge you. We all care about each other and we herd together. You'll be hearing from some of our other wonderful people on here.

I know this is short, but I've had surgery and I need to lay down in a bit after I've answered some of our other people. You take care and stay away from the haters. Their heart is not in the right place and yours is. Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 12:51 am

Thanks for the support Dee and Barbara. I was told by my Doc. I would be on suboxone for along time and that is alright with me. I am just thankful that I feel some what normal again. It has been years of hydrocodone, morphine and o.c. use. Has anybody had any problems going to NA meetings? My Doc wants me to go to these meetings but I am afraid to open up about my addiction and the fact that I am on Suboxone. Dee, I am so sorry that those people on that board did that to you. Maybe people are just jeolous because we can take something to help us and it really works. Barbara, Thanks for writing to me and giving hope and encourgment even though you were not feeling well. Get better soon. Very Happy Cathy
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptyMon 12 Jan 2009, 8:14 pm

Hello Samigirl56!

Welcome to you Cathy! cheers I am so glad that you have found this forum! It seems like you weren't getting what you needed out of recovery from that last place.. As I was reading your post, it angered me, as it always does, when I hear "ignorant" people saying that taking Suboxone is replacing one addiction for another. I have also experienced this discrimination at 12-Step meetings, AA & NA alike. Mad I find that to be especially frustrating, as they are standing there smoking their 9th ciggy & dumping down the cups of joe! They are also the first ones to tell you that addiction is a disease (which I agree with), but if they have heart disease or diabetes, they'd be taking medication for that.. Idea So, I guess I'm unclear as to what the difference is?? Question
Cathy, I say "Kudos!' to you for knowing yourself well enough that your doing whatever you have to do to stay off those opiates!! I love you I have also tried to quit a million times before, throughout a decade of my life, and have continually failed, over & over again! No I'd about given up every last shread of hope that I had left.. I was in a sad, dark, lonely place! Crying or Very sad Suboxone has changed that for me, has helped me be able to change my whole life. Very Happy I know that my life is completely different than when I was using. It puts me in a whole other frame of mind, because I no longer have that stress of having to go searching for pills everyday & making sure that I had enough to get through until such & such a time when I can get more & have to have enough money to be able to buy more, etc, etc, ETC! Twisted Evil What a tremedous load is lifted from your shoulders when you are no longer worrying about getting sick from lack of pills, as you need to have more & more all the time.. It's a hunger that is never satisfied, never enough.. And all that it entailed, the lying & scheming, knowing that your not living your life the "right" way, the inner hate for letting those you love down, again.. All of those things have disappeared since starting the Subs. For me, I can't even see that its even a question of what I need, I know that it is, as this is the best my life has been going in way too many years!! Exclamation
I'm very sorry that you had to go through that with your last board, but I can assure you that you will not come across that here! Exclamation The common thought that we have here is that this is a "miracle, life saving medication" & if you need to be on it for 2 years, 10 years or the rest of your life, SO BE IT!! You have to do what is right & what works for you. God bless those people that can do it without a "maintenance medication" as I hope that it continues to work for them. I won't put myself at that risk again. Until my brain is finished healing itself from all those years of use & I have the proper mental capabilities to go without any of those type of meds, I'm so glad that there is Suboxone available, so that all of that time is not wasted like it had been in the past.. Very Happy
As I said, I'm very glad that you've found this forum. I'm still thankful to have found it everyday, as there are wonderful, warm, knowledgable people here that really do understand the struggles of addiction, but also, recovery!! I have made friendships here that are very important to me, as well as having come to rely on this forum for much encouragement & strength throughout my days!! I certainly have that same hope for you!! I love you I look forward to hearing more about you, if your comfortable to share, so that we can get to know you better.. There is also a place that you can post a picture of yourself or your family, home, pets or whatever tickles your fancy! Wink If you look above where it says "Gallery" & click on that, you'll see where the "Users Albums" are located & how to "Upload Your Pic" or you can just check out the ones that are there until you get a chance to put yours in.. Very Happy
Again, welcome Cathy! Oh, by the way, maybe I should've put this at the top, but as you'll learn about me, I'm not always the most organized with my thoughts. Rolling Eyes My name is Beth & I have been on the Subs since May. I am married & have three children. A 13 yr old daughter, then, a one & a two year old. Our 13 yr old is named Nadine, the 2 yr old is Caroline, & my baby boy is Matty! Although, he really is less & less of a baby everyday! He's almost one & a half and that kid is a monkey!! monkey Often times that I'm trying to post, I have to get up & down throughout trying to write & can't always pick up my same train of thought that I'd left off with.. I think that my posts are sometimes confusing & I'm one that rambles on & on.. So it's time for me to close this up! Idea
Hope to hear from you again soon!
Yours in Recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptyTue 13 Jan 2009, 9:08 am

Hi Sam, I'm getting stronger and stronger each day. It's Barbara...I've been on the couch or bed for the last week or so. I had to have minor surgery last week. I'm going crazy to do sometings that involves going out. It's been long enough. My birds are all in the living room and now when I leave the room, they all start chattering and calling me. I've been on line for a couple of hours now and I'm starting to feel it. I just wanted to answer you and say thank you for your reply back to me. It made me feel good to know one of the new people is trusting enough to talk. This is great!

I'm going on my third year on Subs and like you, I may be on them for a long time. Who knows, only my brain will tell me when it's time.Anything is better than being sick...a lot better.

Got to go for now, but will be around more and more.

Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 18 Jan 2009, 11:43 am

Hi Cathy,

I didn't see you in your post about N.A....I've been that route and it saved my life. I first went to A.A. for about ten years and they don't even want you to mention the words drug addict. I had an alcohol problem and so far I've got 17 years without a drink. Whew! I've been to a few N.A. meetings and if I were you, I would just say my name and I am a drug addict who is trying to recover from being an addict. I would not give any information about the subs cause they are going to tell you, you are not drug free and all that. I would go and get the advice and living information, which is good and not tell all your business cause it is your business. You sound like you do want to taper down and maybe off all meds. N.A. would be a good place to do this. Just keep in mind you are not going to get any positive feedback from the other members if you tell them you are on Suboxone. Just keep it under your hat. You can always confess at a later date, if this bothers you, cause harboring secrets can cause us to relapse, but you are not going to. You are going to be a success you are meant to be.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 18 Jan 2009, 11:51 am

Hi Cathy,

Sorry, I got you mixed up with Arakkty about the tapering. Just do what your doctor tells you to do and you will be fine...unless you have a doc who wants to keep you on a high dose. If this happens, depending on what YOU want to do, I would find another doctor. It is still your life to live it as you choose. Don't let a doctor dictate to you what you are going to do if it's something you don't want.

Got to go start my day,
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptySun 18 Jan 2009, 11:43 pm

Hi Barbara, I will keep my suboxone treatment under my hat at the NA meetings. Which was harderd to quit the booze or opoids? Honesty this is the best I felt in years and hopefully like you said in your PM, my mind and body will catch up to each other. What kind of horses do you have? I use to own a Throughbred that came off of the race track. I use to show him in very small shows. He was a jumper. Then I bought a pony to teach him how to drive. My horse habit just like my drug habit got too expensive for me. So I am happy just to have my dogs. Thank you very much for your help and advice. I'll talk to you soon. Cathy
Back to top Go down
Samigirl

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! EmptyMon 19 Jan 2009, 12:24 am

Cathy,

I just spent an hour writing you a reply! I lost it. I hate that when it happens. I poured my heart out about my throughbred off the track, Sass Em Back and my Arabian, Bask.

I've got to get ready for the doctor tomorrow...do nails, put a clean bandage on, get clothes out, ect. ect.

I'll close for now.

Cathy please know it does my heart so good when I see another person getting a grip on their lives and making it. Please just hang on and all the tiredness and bad feelings will go away with time. You'll find that happy place and be so glad you stuck it out. Fight this like it was the biggest thing you've ever done cause it probably will be.

Alcohol or drugs...they are so different in nature...it's hard to say which was hardest to kick. I didn't take anything to get off of alcohol. It took me from 1985 to 1991 to learn to stay sober and I was going to A.A. the whole time. Those people got so sick of me picking up a chip and getting drunk. One time I heard one of them say, "There she goes again." It made me so mad that I stayed sober so they could never say that about me again.

Well baby, this girl's got to really go this time,

Stay in touch, get happy,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, Samigirl56!   Welcome, Samigirl56! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome, Samigirl56!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: