Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Im back for more

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skeldeb

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm

Hi there everyone! its been 4 yrs since my last post. Same addiction different provider. i have ins for my subs this time. My induction is tomorrow am at 7am???? he doesn't accept my ins the fee is a whopping 350 n then 100 a wk i called at least 30 places in my area, either doesn't prescribe them,or a mile long waiting list> Soooo i have to drive 50 miles one way for my subs> just hope that i feel good enough to get up n go cuz right now i need quite a few lortabs to even get my out of bed at noon Im also worried about this precipitated withdrawal ive been hearing my md told me to take half of what i normally take for tomorrows appt. ive taken 3 10mgs so far n don't plan on taking much more than that to be in withdrawal. any help is appreciated kinda scared
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

Good luck skeldeb. I was in a bad place before I started sub again a year ago, life is good now. You will be fine and you never have to feed that monkey again. Stay strong. I drive a long way to get mine to for the same reason, but I still don't have to drive and chase like I did in my active addiction.
Let me know if I can help in any way

Much love
Monica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 9:33 am

Hello skeldeb and welcome to the forum (or I should say welcome back !)

How did your induction go? I sure hope everything went well. I know of others here on the forum that travel a long way to see their Dr. I'm sure you'll agree it's worth the travel.

Please let us know how everything went, when you can.

Looking forward to hearing more from you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 10:16 am

Good morning,
How did things go for you this morning? Did the doctor start your induction in the office or give you the prescription for you to start at home?
Since your Suboxone provider doesn't accept your insurance, are you able to submit the paperwork yourself for reimbursement? That might be something for you to look into it. It is always worth it if there is a change for you to get your $$ back.
It is good to have you back, if you have any questions, let us know okay.
Hope all is well,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

Hi Skeldeb,

We are here for you if you need to talk.
Would love to find out how your induction went.

Let us know how you are when you get time and are feeling up to it !

We're all in this together !
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

My appt went well.i go to a clinic like my dr area is kind of scary,but i am no different than anyone alse that goes there. I started my induction at home 16mg using films much better than the tabs melt faster big question how do i melt without swallowing my saliva? Do i swallow after they have been all melted? Thank u
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:26 am

Do your best not to swallow while it's melting but it's impossible not to swallow some. Glad your induction went well. Try to get into meetings or therapy asap. If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know. Also don't drink caffeine or smoke for 30 minutes b4 you dose and rinse your mouth with water as warm as you can stand it b4 you put the strip under your tongue. Caffeine shrinks the blood vessels in your mouth and the warm water moistens your mouth to make the strip dissolve faster and may dilate the vessels so the medicine is absorbed better. I'm not a dr just sharing from my experience. Do you take both strips at once?
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:32 am

If you want you can pm me if you're not comfortable with open posts or we can use the chatbox
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 6:33 pm

Hi Skeldeb, I'm glad things went well !!

Monica gave you some great tips.
Try not to think about it when they are dissolving and you wont swallow.
And I do swallow when it's done. some people say it gives them a headache and then you can just spit it out.

I know there should be a chat tonight. I am out of town so I won't be there.

We are all here for you. We are in this together !
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 3:10 pm

oh yeah I forgot something. You should try not to talk or chew or do other things while the med is dissolving, so most people find it useful to take it while they're alone getting ready for the day. I take mine in the shower that way I know I won't have to answer some annoying question from my husband or kids that's not really important but they just have to know the answer right then. Oh the joys of recovery, glad people worry about my opinion now.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

HI skeldeb,
Good to see you. I too am happy for you that things went good on your first appointment. Monica has a good idea on how/when to dissolved the strips. In the mornings when I get up I usually brush my teeth with warm water, put my Suboxone under my tongue and get into the shower. I do this because I am able to think, plan my day and do it in quiet.

Once I get out I feel good, alive and awake. Ready to take on the day.
You have a great support group here and I hope you are able to come back often and post. Get to know us, we care about you and want you to feel safe in knowing you can come to us for anything.
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 5:33 pm

Hi there hope everyone is well. Subs r working great but...in order for me to get my subd i had to stop smoking weed n im struggling with that! Dr has me on wellbutrin for weed detox? I have terrible dry mouth n constant bitter taste. I really want to smoke some bud my hubby smokes but not around me 3 days with no weed n 10 days without vicodin have been going toNA
any suggestions would b appreciated
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 5:48 pm

Oh boy. That's a tough one.
I use to smoke prior to my pill addiction. And in fact I did try it again after I was on Suboxone, and to be honest, I didnt like it at all !
I'm assuming your not having the same reaction or there'd be no problem !

When you say, in order to get your sub you had to stop smoking weed -
Is this something your physician is asking you to do ? Or it's coming from someone else?
Just curious.

But your doing great already ! 3 days with no weed and 10 with no pills !
That's awesome !
Be proud.
Just know that your getting healthy and in the long run will be better off.

Stay strong, you can do this !!
Try and make chat tomorrow night, it might be good for you to talk some issues out !

much love !
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:21 pm

My provider has the no smoking policy. Her view is that it can lower your inhabitions and lead to other things which does make sense.
While your husband is keeping his smoking away from you I can imagine it is still hard.
When I was trying to stop using it was hard for me if someone else was using and I knew about it even if they kept it away from me. I knew it was there and that made me crave.

Welbutrin is often used to help stop smoking cigarretts but I didn't know it was also used for pot. I hope it works out okay, I want to see you be able to continue your treatment.
Congratulations to you! You are going to make it through this. And we are going to be here for you every step of the way.

Try taking some walks or getting in some other kind of exercise to help keep yourself occupied. I know it isn't easy but it can be done.
Just keep in mind, your are not alone,
Dee
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

Any dr that gives u subs drug tests for ALL drugs n cannot give subs if ur urine comes back with any illegal drugs something about they can lose their license to prescribe sub i had to have a blood test,n urine tox screens every week to test for level of suboxone n any other drugs plus gp to a NA meeting once a week cant even drink any alcohol! Phew lot of work to get clean,expensive too. My ins pays for half of my visit but have to submit a claim every week i go for 16 weeks then once every 2 weeks...... but its so worth it i can finally pass. a drug test to get a better job
Back to top Go down
skeldeb

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 6:30 pm

Will suboxone make u fail a drug test i really dont want to tell a new employer that i take subs? I im a lpn and work with narcotics
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

skeldeb,
Suboxone has to be specifically tested for. Normally it will not show up in a random urine screen.

normally what they will test for is a standard five panel test of street drugs consisting of Marijuana (THC) Cocaine, PCP, Opiates and Amphetamines including methamphetamine.

When my son went for his drug screen for employment he asked them what they were testing for and all they would tell him was Opiates. I don't really think the lab guy had a clue.

For your profession though they may use a 10 panel screen which would be a little more in depth. But so far I haven't heard of employers testing for Suboxone as of yet.

If anyone has anything to add, please do.
Good luck Deb, I hope it all works out for you.
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Im back for more Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im back for more   Im back for more Empty

Back to top Go down

Im back for more
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Questions and Information-
Jump to: