Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The new website from Rickett

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

The new website from Rickett Empty
PostSubject: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

Have any of you went to the new website from Rickett pharmaceuticals. The address is turntohelp.com, and there is actually some pretty good information on there. I saw an advertisement the other night. Strangely, the tv ads don't say they're from a pharmaceutical company, and that seems dishonest, but it does give information about other options. Don't know if I think its good or bad yet. On 1 hand, it could be a valuable resource, on another it could be seen as a drug company pushing their treatment option and be used as ammo for those who say that sub is yet another money maker that doesn't really help the problem.

What do you think? If you get time, check it out and let me know. I'm thinking of using some of the info in the page it directs you to at the company's other site www.suboxone.com called here to help as a resource for the meetings I'm trying to get started in the real world. I would love to hear all of your opinions and feedback, since the people I'm trying to reach are in treatment like us, or at least considering it.

Much love,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 5:12 pm

Hey Monica,
Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen the new website and I do like it though. It is much cleaner looking that their old one. I wonder if it will take the place of the other one? Usually I am up to date on what they are doing and I did drop the ball on this one.
The one thing I don't like about it though is the provider locator. They don't seem to have a very up to date list. When I put in my zip code only one provider came up.
If you go to the one that is on the SAMHSA website (www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov)

it gives a more complete list along with a list of therapists in your state. I'm sure there are more that what are listed though but it is a more complete list.
Have you checked out our website as a source of information as well? www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
I am always looking for ways to update and success stories to share on the website so if you would like to share your story I'd be happy to post it. No one ever has to use their real name if they don't want to.
Thanks for being you, always helping and ready to support. How is everything going with the meetings?
I appreciate the information on the new site. The more resources that we have the better we are equipped for helping people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

[i][b]
I saw that commercial on TV. I was wondering if they were going to mention Suboxone. Of course,they did not.
I was thinking. I wonder if they will ever advertise Suboxone? Probably not and if they did they could get lots of back lash. That being said,there are many that do not know there is Suboxone out there to help.

It was the first commercial I've ever seen that only talked about opiate addiction so I'm thinking that's a good start
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 6:22 pm

That's the site where I get the coupon for $50 off my Suboxone perscription each month !
Take advantage they say it's untill the end of 2012 !!
Even if you have insurance they will take the money off your Co-pay ! bounce
I end up paying $ 0

Thanks Monica !
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 9:10 pm

Nannamom, I'm getting ready to launch the new meetings. Shooting for around the first of August. After the one I went to tonight, I'm just about fed up with NA and the duplicitous bs they peddle. I finally ended up having to tell someone who was drinking and admitted it that he needed to reign it in and realize who is opening the doors so that he will have somewhere to come and trash other people's recovery. He doesn't know I'm in maintenance and he came up after the meeting to tell me he was sorry for offending me. I told him that he didn't offend me, he pissed me off. I didn't come out and tell him I was on maintenance, because he was too intoxicated, but I did tell him to think long and hard about who opens the doors before he comes back and opens his mouth because both me and the other lady who chairs would have been offended by his judgements. I also said that we would talk more when he was sober. I've never had someone come in and behave in that manner and it really took me off guard. I know that I should have just said you're intoxicated and we don't allow people to share who are under the influence or intoxicated, but he was to the point it would have caused a brawl. So tired of people who can't get the you work yours and I'll work mine mentality in their head. So sick of judgement and people trying to tear down other people. Not what I go to meetings for and not the kind of meetings I want to be associated with. I am so glad there were no newcomers there for him to send back to the streets, cause had there been I would have been forced to shut him up one way or another and he's a BIG dude.

Much thanks for your feedback. I have checked out the site and I will be glad to pm you my whole story. I don't mind if you post it and you can use my first name. I'm used to it anyway, every addict in the county has my phone number, and most of em have called for support so most everyone who knows me knows my story.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyThu 12 Jul 2012, 11:32 am

Monica,
The way that you handled him was very professional and firm. It stated how you felt and that his type of behavior would not be tolerated. In handling him the way that you did not only told him that you were serious but at the same time you didn't do it in a belittling or judgmental way and that is what I love about you.
While others may judge you for being on maintenance and you could have acted the same way about his drinking but instead you went another route. (I hope I'm making sense here)
Stand proud, you have much to be proud of.

When you get the information on your meetings let me know. I am creating a new section on the website for meetings that welcome patients on maintenance and would love to put yours at the top of the list.
That goes for the rest of you here as well, if you know of a meeting or open group that supports maintenance patients let me know and I will be glad to post in on our website. As you all know we have so many people looking for a place they can feel comfortable with that will let them open up and be them.
I just don't get it. Patients on maintenance have problems in life just as much as anyone else. WE all put our pants on one leg at a time just like anyone else so why can't meetings be a place of welcomeness? WE have traveled this conversation many times here on the forum so I won't repeat what has already been said and I will stop my rant here.

I am proud of you Monica
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett EmptyThu 12 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

Thank you so much. It means more than you will ever know to know that I have someone here rooting for me. I'm planning on starting the meetings the first week of August. Probably going to have to feel my way, but I need to start them asap because I really am tired of standing behind and supporting an organization who doesn't recognize my recovery. I am fortunate that I have been around a group of people who have supported me from the beginning, but I do know that people who are in drug court don't have the option to go to maintenance medication programs and they often have an attitude that they're recovery is better than mine. I am going to make sure that my meetings welcome everyone with open arms, whether they're in treatment, thinking about it, or using abstinence. To me recovery is recovery, and anything we can do to stop this disease in its tracks should be supported 110% by the entire recovery community. Unfortunately it seems that sometimes the most judgemental people are the ones who should be the most understanding. Personally I had a horrible experience with methadone, but I don't blame that on the medicine or hold it against anyone else. Methadone worked for millions of people before suboxone was approved, and I'm sure it still helps some, so I'm making sure to call the clinic that treats people locally and let them know about the meetings. I'm also giving the information to the sub providers in the area, and the local rehab hospital. I speak there once a month and a lot of people there choose to go into the maintenance program when they leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new website from Rickett   The new website from Rickett Empty

Back to top Go down

The new website from Rickett
Page 1 of 1