Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SO Tired !!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

SO Tired !!! Empty
PostSubject: SO Tired !!!   SO Tired !!! EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope your all well. I have a situation that I have realized might be related to being on Suboxone.

I'm TIRED ! I think more than I should be. I wake up around 5 am and usually I go to the computer while the coffee is brewing and I cant keep my eyes open. Then during work, same thing. I notice that if I have down time, my eyes are closing.
Now I just home from work about an hour ago, made dinner and came to the computer and same thing...TIRED! I even workout out after work, I should be pumped up right now.
I'm in bed before 10pm ...sometimes earlier !!!

I have done a lot of reading up on side effects with Suboxone and I'm thinking I might lower my dose.
I'm currently taking 16mg. I've been on that dose since day one, Dec 31, 2010.

Any thoughts???
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

SO Tired !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO Tired !!!   SO Tired !!! EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 5:33 pm

Hi Blue Eyes,
I am sorry that I have been MIA the last few days. My cardiologist added a new medication to my routine and it has left me feeling very drained. I know it takes awhile for your body to get used to new medications but this one has knocked me for a loop. I don't like being tired and that is what I have been. Completely.

Now onto your problem. It could very well be that it is time to lower your dose just a tad. If you feel like that is what you need, you can lower it by just a little bit. Maybe by a couple of mg. Not too much though.
You've been taking Suboxone long enough to be passed the stabilization stage and into maintenance. After a few months a lot of patients find that 16mg is too much for them and often try to go down to 14 or 12mg. Have you talked to your provider about it?

One thing is good to mention though. When was the last time you had a complete blood workup. You might want to think about that as well to rule out anything else such as hypothyroidism or anemia. Just a couple of things that tend to get overlooked. I don't know what kind of insurance that you have or if you have any to cover such an undertaking but if you do it could be worth it.
Since it has been 4 days since you posted this post. How are you feeling now? The same or any better?
I hope things settle down for you, I know how hard you have been working at your recovery and I know it hasn't always been easy. You are in my thoughts always.
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

SO Tired !!!
Page 1 of 1