Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggested Reading

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Suggested Reading Empty
PostSubject: Suggested Reading   Suggested Reading EmptyTue 31 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

Hello All,

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. I was wondering if any of you had read any good books lately that you'd like to recommend? It doesn't have to be about recovery, it can just be a book that you enjoyed. Thanks so much.

I hope all are doing well and are happy!

Karla
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Suggested Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Reading   Suggested Reading EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

Hi Karla,
What kind of books or Authors are you interested in? I am an avid reader and I've always loved to read myself.
For family friendship type reading I read Debbie Macomber . She wrote a series that is supposed to be based in Cedar Cove Washington. (fictional)

Lately I've been reading Patrick Lee , the series is more of a futuristic science fiction. (The Breach, Ghost Story and Deep Sky)
Also I enjoyed the books along the line of the Divinci Code although at first it was kind of hard for me to get into. I like a book that grabs me from the very first page. With this series I was more into at least 1/3 of the way through the book.

I'll give you a list of some of my favorites. If you go to the Author's websites you can get more detail about the books. I've already added the links in so all you have to do is click on their names.

On a more inspirational note, daily meditations and such as the ones I use for the Thought for Today. I get those in my email daily. You can sign up for a daily quote or meditation by going to the websites. Some are of a NA/AA theme. I know a lot of people who use ORT for addiction aren't comfortable with AA or NA due to the way they have been treated in the past when it was learned they use medication to manage addiction but still, there are some great readings out there. Take what you need and leave the rest. For daily mailing you can go to www.Hazeldon.com and register for an account with them. It's free to receive the daily emails but they do charge for their books.
I do also read a lot of Substance Abuse types reads for research and all.

What kind of books have you been reading? Maybe we have read the same kind of books or authors.
Hope all is well with you too. Enjoy your day and take care.
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Suggested Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Reading   Suggested Reading EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 7:42 am

KJ,
I'm reading a Novel right now, by Chevy Stevens. Just picked it up off the shelf, actually my daughter did and after she read the first page, she thought it was to mature for her (she's almost 13).

Its about a women that gets abducted by this guy. It's SO good !!! I can't put it down !!!!

What kind of books do you like, I love to read, and I finally can still again long enough to read !!!!
Back to top Go down
KJ

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Suggested Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Reading   Suggested Reading EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I have been reading a lot of addiction and recovery books. I have really saturated myself with the idea of getting some help in any way that I can. So, I'm kinda burned out on the addiction stuff for now. I have been reading a series of Vampire books that I think was intended for teenage girls lol. I accidentally started reading it thinking it was something else and got hooked! lol...

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well...

Karla
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggested Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggested Reading   Suggested Reading Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggested Reading
Page 1 of 1