Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Night Before Treatment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
korbeshkie

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Night Before Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 12:56 am

I just taken my last O.C....8:30 pm (PST). Tomorrow I begin treatment at 2:00 pm (PST)
Tomorrow will be my first day in 3 years without O.C. Tonight is a little worrisome due to the severe withdrawls I probably be experiencing. I have my wife to help me thru this and even though she is stopping at the same time she says her withdrawls aren't as serious as mine.
There had been times in the past that I was without O.C.'s I experienced sweating spells, no sleep, constantly going to the bathroom and just severe cravings.
I just know this is temporary and I can get thru this. I must get thru this.
Just took a nice hot bath and that really relaxed my body. I'm just glad I'm off this week from work.
Time for some shut eye and I'll be back writing tomorrow morning.
Good Night
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 2:27 am

Goodnight Guy,
I just wanted to pop in and see how you are. Later on tonight ( or this morning) if you can't sleep, you can try taking another hot bath to relax you, and if you have some chammomile tea on hand try a cup of that as well. Ibuprofen wouldn't hurt either. Kudos to your wife, She is probably right when she says that she doesn't feel withdrawls as bad as you do, I remember back before my husband passed away, we would go without and it seemed that even though we always took the same amount of pills the same way, he always seemed to have it worse thatn I did. He would be lying in the bed miserable, while I was up and going out on the "hunt."
That's probably why, the women have the babies. LOL.
I will check in on you in the morning, I have an appointment at 8:45 my time which will be 5:45 your time so Hopefully you will be still sleeping. I will be back around 11:00.
Yours In Recovery
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 8:32 am

sunny

Good Morning Korbeshkie,
How are you feeling this morning? I wanted to stop in and check on you before I left this morning, I told you that I would be here for you and I am. When I get back I will check back in again.
I know that you will do fine today at your appointment. You may not feel like it now, but I promise you that you will. Please no matter what you do this morning, don't give in and go find something to help you through, I know that you feel like crap, but that is how it has to be for your first appointment.
I am not going to list a bunch of questions or talk a lot because I'm sure that right now, you really don't feel like typing.
We are all here for you. I have to go because my appointment is soon and I need to jump in the shower.
Your in my prayers
Dee

Night Before Treatment Sendin11
Back to top Go down
korbeshkie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 4:02 pm

Wow! Feeling pretty bad...have the sweats, stuffy nasals, burning sensations inside my body, constantly going to the bathroom.
Emotions swinging every which way. It's noon and I'm only 2 hrs to the doctor's.
Slept til 8:30 this morning, bath helped.
Probably need to leave the house now to kill time than to stay here and go thru my mood swings....
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 5:34 pm

Hello Korbeshkie!!
No I'm sure that your not feeling well right now at all.. I can certainly relate to every symptom that you mentioned above.. I'm so sorry that your having to go through that, but this will be the last time ever, my friend!! cheers Hold on, chin up!! Exclamation I repeated that to myself 9 billion times a day at certain points, but your so close now!! Wink Just hang on.. you will feel so very much better tonight!!
It probably is a good idea for you to get out of the house for a while, if you feel up to it. Idea I know that I barely felt like I could move before I went in for my first dosage of the Suboxone, but felt vastly better by the time that I left!! I know that getting out & staying busy helps pass that time though & when you feel like that, time certainly does drag!! I recommend doing as much as you feel up to & that should help the afternoon go more quickly until its time for you to go.. Wink Please keep me posted as to how you are doing this evening, as well as how your wife is hanging in there. I look forward to hearing from her soon also!! Very Happy
Hold on, chin up!! This is the last time Korbeshkie!! Exclamation

Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 6:07 pm

Korbeshkie,
Your almost there. But actually I just looked at my clock and your at the doctors office as I type. You made it through the night. And the day as well. How did your wife do? My prayers are with you both, I will look forward to hearing from you when you get home.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 8:07 pm

Hello Korbeshkie!!
Just wanted you to know that I am anxiously awaiting on hearing from you. I can't wait to hear how you & your wifes doctors appointments went today & knowing how you are feeling.. Question I hope that everything went well & that you can breathe out a big sigh of relief tonight!! I love you Please keep us posted as to how it all went for you today!! Very Happy

Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
korbeshkie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 9:33 pm

My wife and I just got back about 1 1/2 hrs ago. Took a pretty good nap. Waiting for the prescription seemed like forever.
We both are on Subutex 8mg. and Klonopin 1 mg. per 12 hrs. for the next 7 days.
You all are right on the money....We both feel so much better.
Also, the pharmacy o.k'd the prescriptions thru our insurance and we didnt have to pay the full amount but the initial doctors visit was pretty hefty. Hopefully that will be covered by insurance.
Thanks for all your support because it really helps to talk these things thru.
It's a real blessing that there is a site such as this.
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 9:42 pm

Hi Korbeshkie,
So glad to see that you both made it through!! Very Happy I'd been waiting to hear from you to know how you were both feeling. I'm very happy to know that you are better & it really will continue to get better for you from this point on!! As I said last night, but, kudos to you & your wife on a better way of life!! Exclamation Hope you guys get some great rest tonight & sleep with the angels!! Sleep
Looking forward to continue hearing from you to know how everything is going, as well as your wife. Keep in touch! Wink

Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 8:15 pm

Korbeshkie,
I don't know why I didn't see this post earlier. But I have now, and I am glad that I did.
You said that your doctor has you on Subutex? Not Suboxone?
Will your doctor be putting you on Suboxone later on? Or are you only going to detox off of the oc's then stop the subs?
I ask because the longer that you are on Suboxone the better your chances are that you will not relapse.
If your just going to detox, what will come next? Please let me know what your plan is. I am glad that you are feeling better. Kudos to both you and your wife. Your life is just beginning.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
korbeshkie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 7:15 pm

Dee,
The Subutex is for 7 days 8 mg x2 per day and then he is switching over to the Suboxone after our next visit. My main complaint is I get some strong cravings but they seem to go away after a few hrs. The withdrawls are all gone except the cravings. I spoke to my doctor about this and he stated increasing the Subutex will not help any. He recommended NA meetings but I've been down that path before and it isn't for me. I also enjoy drinking 2-3 botlles of beer a day but my wife is stromgly against that. I just don't know.
Any how so far so good...
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 8:09 pm

Okay now I do understand. Some doctors do start you out on the subutex because it has none of the naloxone in it. So that way if your not properly tapered off of the opiates, you won't go into severe withdrawal.
Your doctor has you on 16mg per day. That is supposed to be the optimum dose for Suboxone.
The craviongs will go away in time, just stay busy and keep your mind busy as well. I am no help with the drinking my friend. I quit 17 years ago, I found that I am not my best friend (or anyone elses) when I drink.
How is your wife holding up? Has she joined us yet? Remind her that she is most welcome to join our family.
Each day that goes by it does get so much better, no more worrying about pills and where to get them.
You can try groups with out going to NA or AA. I don't go to them myself either. They are a program that promotes abstinence, and that mean NO SUBOXONE as well. They look at it as trading one drug for another. So much for the disease theory. But that is them. You can check to see if there are some support groups in your area for Suboxone. Your doctor should have recommended other choices for you other than the NA.
I hope that you will continue to check in and let us know how it goes. Bulldoglover starts his suboxone tomorrow, his appointment is at 11:00, maybe you can give him some assurance as to how your first visit went.
Glad all is going well.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 9:09 pm

Hi everyone!!
I was also confused as to why Korbeshkie's doctor started him on the Subutex instead of Suboxone, but I didn't realize the difference the naloxone had on the withdrawl effects if tapered too quickly or not properly tapered off the opiates. What about the benzos with Subutex? Is that safer to take together than the benzos with the Suboxone? Does the naloxone also effect that, or "cause" the interaction that makes it dangerous? Or is that the Bufordine (spelling?), the "B" word for the main ingredient in Subs, that interacts with the benzos to cause danger when taken together? Still wondering if that is safe or not & why some doctors obviously think it is, while others (like mine) are so adamant about it potentially causing death.. That seems to be at the opposite ends of the spectrum to me.. Question I took Valium for many years & have also stopped taking that when I started on the Subs due to my doctors extreme warnings of the danger of those two drugs interactions when taken together. Is what he was telling me untrue? I guess that's what I've mainly been wondering since hearing about Korbeshkie's doctor giving them to him together?? I no longer need the Valium anyways & I am glad that I've stopped taking it as well. I'm just wondering what the actual facts are regarding to this "drug interaction" & the truth? Suspect Like I said, just trying to continue learning as much as possible about all of this stuff!! Idea As many of us have already seen, it never hurts to be educated on these things when going before some of these "less knowledgable" doctors who don't always have the correct facts, or the time to check into potential drug interactions, which I just cannot understand, as it seems to me that is their job!!!! Shocked But it happens all of the time & giving people the benefit of the doubt, I hope that its not so much ignorance as "rushing" to get through more patients for more MONEY!! Idea Now, is that really giving people the benefit of the doubt? Laughing Not really! No
I feel like I could go on a verbal rampage tonight due to little frustrations that have built up throughout my day & just seem to have me feeling angry!! Mad Nothing that if it had happened individually, & not all stacked into the same afternoon/evening, that I wouldn't be able to handle just fine, but all together, still having those feelings of "running to stand still"... Like a little baby throwing a temper tantrum, I want things to go my way!! Rolling Eyes As we all know, that's NOT the way that it goes!! I think that I need to close this up for a bit & get some things done, get some frustrations thought through before I go spouting off at the mouth!! cyclops I'll be back around in a while & have been wondering about people on here that haven't posted in a while, like Mez & Lisa, or if anyone has heard anything from them? scratch
Please let me know.. I love you
Yours,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Before Treatment   Night Before Treatment Empty

Back to top Go down

Night Before Treatment
Page 1 of 1