Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Humana Denying Suboxone

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptyThu 05 May 2011, 9:54 pm

Marie,
Please don't ever say that you are weak. You are far from it. With all that you have gone through. I'm sure that many others would have said to Hell with it by now.
But not you. You have strength and determination that I admire. I am very proud of you and am proud to have been able to meet you.
If ever I needed someone in my corner, I'd have it be you.
Get some rest, it's getting late and tomorrow may be the day. I will keep you in my prayers as always.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 May 2011, 10:02 pm

Hey Dee,

Thought I'd give you my daily update on Humana.

I called Humana today,AGAIN. I know that phone number by heart now.

I explained what was going on and she said that should be considered "Life Threatening" situation. No Joke!!!!!!
Then she tells me she doesn't see where the letter I faxed was there. I wanted to scream. So,I went and faxed it AGAIN. I also put on the letter that this is a life threatening situation. Not that they really care.
Then she tells me it could take 30 days...30 Days??? Didn't she just say it's a life threatening situatiion?
Then she tells me if I received a letter saying I was denied then that's it. i had to go thru the whole thing AGAIN and tell her how I'm Appealing it.
She tells me my Dr. should be doing this not me...No Kidding..

I can't wait till I see my Dr. Wednesday so I can tell him everything going on. I'm bringing a note with me so I don't forget to tell him all this. I'm going to ask him how can someone follow what he wants a pt. to do and him not help. I'm doing my part and it's time for his staff to do there's.

Somebody needs to take responsibilty for putting a patient in danger....Geez.

I hope you had a great Birthday.

Thanks for always being here for me.

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptySat 07 May 2011, 1:38 am

Marie,
Every day before I come on here I say a little prayer that I will read a message telling me that you have gotten through to someone about your medication. Tonight was no exception.
I will keep praying until it does happen.

So now a life threatening situation can take up to 30 days to be resolved. Grrrr
And yes, we both know that your doctor should be doing this but the point is that he is not so it is left up to you. I understand that doctors are busy and have other patients, what about you. YOU are one of the other patients as well. Don't' you deserve some kind of attention.
I am going to hate it if you come on here Wednesday and tell me the doctor said he didn't know anything about what you have been going through.
I'm going to say that I don't think anyone at that insurance company has taken the time to go past the p hone call with you, meaning once they hang up that's it. Where is a log of all of the phone calls that you have made? Where is your record? Where in your record is anything documented? IS anything documented past them answering the phone?
This is all so frustrating and I'm not used to things being done this way.

I receive a lot of emails daily and when I get those emails one of the first things I do is to make a file for that person and make a note of what they need, what's been going on etc. And I try to do everything in my power to help that person. I don't care if I have to make several phone calls because that is what I do. I care about the people who visit our website. Usually by the time they get to us they have been given the run around, ignored and feel completely alone. They don't need another person to run them in circles.

I'm sorry I got a little off topic for a minute there. I wish I had some kind of connection in the insurance world right now.
Thank you for the Birthday wish. It was a good day. We finally have the spring weather I've been craving. I really hated to see the day end. I am hoping this weekend is nice as well. Tomorrow being Saturday I plan to head over to the Farmers Market and check it out. I love the simplicity of walking around looking at everything the vendors have to offer.
What are you plans? Anything for mother's day? Take care and rest. Monday will be here soon enough.
I'll be around this weekend if you need to talk.
Dee
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptySat 07 May 2011, 8:21 pm

Dee,You have been a angel sent to me. I know that YOU really care.

I saw on another post you had wrote to Beth about being in Rehab more than once. That made me feel good to know this,knowing how much you care for others. I use to think and probably do still,that b/c it's taken me several times that I was a hopeless case to ever get clean. When I see someone like you it gives me great hope. I know how much you truly have your heart in helping others struggling.
For me,you have been very kind to me and I know you really care...Thank you for that.

I know I've said this before but if this doesn't get approved I'm not sure what will become of me. I really don't and that scares me.
If the ppl at the Ins. Co tell me it's life threatening and do nothing,that is scary. When will they listen to me? When I have a seizure and great possiblity of a broken bone. I pray not but it's a real fact.
I realize it's not the Dr. responsibilty but isn't that what the staff is for? Am I missing something here?
The nurse telling me to find another way to pay for it blew my mind then the Ins.to tell me all they've told me just blows me away.

I do wish if someone was to come by this site and has had this happen to them to please take a few minutes and share there experince.

Thanks for always being here Dee. Thank you for your prayers I need all I can get.

Happy Mother's Day....I hope you have a great day.

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptySun 08 May 2011, 7:20 pm

Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 Believ10

Marie,
I am not an angel that's for sure. Just someone who cares alot about people who are seeking help and can't seem to catch a break.

I used to think that because I couldn't "get it" I was hopeless and I'm sure my family thought so too. No one ever thought I could stay away from opiates.
I had a niece who was married to a very abusive guy that cheated on her constantly. She would leave him but always take him back.
One of those times that she left I asked her if she really meant it this time and her response to me was to ask me if I every meant it when I said I was going to stop using.
She said her leaving her husband was like me, I would never stop and she would never leave.
But now 8 years later I am still in recovery. And she has finally had the courage to stop going back as well. We talk a lot about my recovery and hers as well. She said she never thought she'd be where she is now.
She has a great life, two beautiful children, a good job and is now married to a man who appreciates her every day.
It can be done. To beat ourselves up doesn't help us.
Total I have been in 3 detox facilities, and 2 residential facilities.
There was a time that people thought if you couldn't recover by sheer will alone there was something wrong with you and perhaps their right but not the kind of wrong their thinking about. We have a disease and for now, there is no cure. But it can be managed and that is why I am so angry about your situation.
Your disease can be managed as you have seen but how can anyone expect you to be able to do that without help.
Again my post has turned from one thing to another. I tend to get carried away sometimes. But I'm sure you know what I am talking about.
Enjoy your day and I will talk to you tomorrow.
Dee
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 10:37 am

Update on Humana

Dee,
I've been APPROVED... cheers

Last night I went to bed with such a heavy heart. I knew I just could not afford to buy anymore. I played the tape in my head if I were to go back to the pain pills and just say the hell with this.
I thought it all out and knew I did NOT want to go back to that miserable life.

So,I was sleeping this morning and they called to say I was approved.
I've been thanking God since I got the news.

Now,I have to see what I have to do to get my money back.
I think what helped me was the seizures that I kept trying to make them see.
They may have just gotten sick of me calling.

I would hope that if anyone passing along this forum and having the same problem to not give up.

Dee,thank you for all your prayers and all your suggestions.

I hope you have a great Monday
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 11:59 am

Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 Great11

May I be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
That is the best news ever!1 I am so happy for you. In order to get reimbursed for the prescriptions that you have already paid for you may have to submit the paperwork yourself, unless you can get the office staff to do it.
If you have to submit and need the coding let me know and I will see if I can help. I do know some coding, not a lot but we can figure it out if need be.

You go and have a beautiful day.
Please let this be a lesson to anyone seeking help. Do NOT give up, it may seem impossible. But miracles can and do happen every day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humana Denying Suboxone   Humana Denying Suboxone - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Humana Denying Suboxone
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2