Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welcome Tylerjade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Tylerjade Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Tylerjade   Welcome Tylerjade EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 4:16 pm

Welcome Tylerjade to our home,
My name is Dee, and I am one of the moderators of A Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
Barbara Rue our other moderator will be here shortly I'm sure. She just had to go out and run a few errands. And will check in when she gets back.
Are you already taking Suboxone? Or are you thinking about Starting?
Suboxone has changed the lives of so many people, myself included. I can't remember how many times in the past that I tried to stop "my way". Finally I realized that my way was not the way to go. It only worked for a very short time and before I knew it I'd be back out on the street, using again.
Please make yourself at home. Take your time to read the posts of our other members, and when your ready tell us a little bit about yourself.
I have to run for now. I promised myself a long deserved nap today so I think that is what i'm going to do. I will be back on here later to check in.
Yours In Recovery
Welcome Tylerjade Cid_6110
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome Tylerjade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Tylerjade   Welcome Tylerjade EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 6:04 pm

cheers Hi Tylerjade, this is Barbara Rue welcoming you to our second home. Beileve me this place was the last house on the block for me. Like Dee, I had tried everything I could, even spending eight miserable days in the hospital. When I got out, the first thing I did was go back to the doctor and he was more than happy to,"get me comfortable." I was a mess. I learned about Suboxone from a friend who lost her husband to opiates. She thought he was asleep on the couch and in a few hours, she realized he had passed away. She had moved two hundred miles away and she called me to tell me about this medicine she found to really work. I waited until a clinic in my area open up, which took two months. I had the number and I called often to see if they were ready to accept patients. Fianally they did. I was told to not use after nine o'clock that night and be there at nine in the morning. I was a hard core user, so I was a mess when I got there. I was in my housecoat and gown. A friend had to drive me and fill out my papper work. I was given an eight milligram pill to dissolve under my tongue. Within an hour, I felt relief and could walk without shaking and bent over. I was given another eight milligram for in the morning to return to the clinic for a check up. I was able to drive myself the next day. I showered, dressed and put on make up. My doctor said I didn't look like the same person. I felt 100% better too. For a few weeks, I went in every three days with three 8 milligrams a day. Each time I went in I tapered back when I felt comfortable to do so. After two years, (this doesn't mean it will take you this long) I'm on 4 milligrams a day, and I go in every three weeks. During my recovery, I've had my upper eye lids lifted, foot surgery and working with my liver doctor to correct damage done there. If not for being able to clean up, none of these doctors would have cleared me for surgery. Suboxone made it possible for me to do what I had to do to go for testing and show up for appointments. It's been a life saver for me. Not meaning to go on and on; A simple welcome would have been enough. Just wanted to share how my first induction to this medicine went for me. Please make yourself at ease to read through the subjects and our posts. We all care for each other like we would our own family. You are welcome to share with us, ask us, tell us anthing you need to know. There will be someone here to take care of you in anyway we know how. Yours in the struggle, Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Welcome Tylerjade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Tylerjade   Welcome Tylerjade EmptySat 03 Jan 2009, 9:45 pm

Tylerjade,
Hi this is Dee, How are you doing today? I have just come from the MAT web site and saw that you posted there. ( signed the guest book) I am so glad that you have decided to join us.
When I welcomed you earlier I had assumed that you are on Suboxone, or are you on Methadone? Either way you are most welcome here. For the time being Deborah is combining the Methadone forum and Suboxone Forum together.
I was on Methadone for 4 years before switching over to Suboxone. So you see we have some of both here. Please feel free to introduce yourself. And if you need anything let us know
Yours In Recovery
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Welcome Tylerjade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Tylerjade   Welcome Tylerjade EmptySun 04 Jan 2009, 11:07 am

Hi Tyler and all, just checking in to see how it's going for you. If you're up and feel like posting, I'm here. Your friend, Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Tylerjade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Tylerjade   Welcome Tylerjade Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome Tylerjade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel :: Suboxone Issues :: Introductions-
Jump to: